Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Note About Writing

I've never felt like I was a writer. I'm a reader and by default I think that makes me a fair writer. I think I have a distinct voice and style. Like every writer I have things that I want to get better at. I have a bad habit of reading what I think is there instead of what's actually there. I can be a horrendous speller, and I've never mastered the whole there vs. their battle. More then once, I've been re-reading a old an old post of mine and have found an error. The last thing(I'm sure I'll find more things later) I want to fix is recently I'm finding my writing to be thin.

So moving forward I'm going to try and attack these problems two ways: first I'm going to write something everyday. second I'm going to start reading slower. I'm a speed reader, always have been...I like to get to the endings as quickly as possible. thirdly I'm going to crack open one of my old college English books. I'm sure I have one that specifically talks about grammar.

If anyone else has any ideas on what I can do to become a better writer leave them in the comments below.

A la Prochaine!

No comments: