Monday, May 31, 2010

Things to Do

While I'm in school I only get to read what my professors tell me to read. It's a hard life, but now I'm out of school and can get some reading done. Here's my summer reading list:
  1. Coffee Will Make You Black- April Sinclair (I think I read this when I was younger, but because I don't remember anything about it(except the cover) I probably didn't understand it.)
  2. The Color of Water- James McBride
  3. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn- Betty Smith
  4. Black Girl in Paris- Shay Youngblood
  5. Say You're One of Them- Uwen Akpan
  6. Black Like Me- John Howard Griffin
  7. Letters to A Young Poet- Rainer Maria Rilke (A birthday gift.)

Most of these books I've started but haven't been able to finish.

Also on my to-do list is:

  • Draw something.....everyday!
  • Photography something....everyday!

I sometimes find it easier to draw the things that are floating around in my head. The images I "see" because of something I've read. So hopefully I'll have my sketchbook full by mid July. *fingers crossed*

No comments: