- Coffee Will Make You Black- April Sinclair (I think I read this when I was younger, but because I don't remember anything about it(except the cover) I probably didn't understand it.)
- The Color of Water- James McBride
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn- Betty Smith
- Black Girl in Paris- Shay Youngblood
- Say You're One of Them- Uwen Akpan
- Black Like Me- John Howard Griffin
- Letters to A Young Poet- Rainer Maria Rilke (A birthday gift.)
Most of these books I've started but haven't been able to finish.
Also on my to-do list is:
- Draw something.....everyday!
- Photography something....everyday!
I sometimes find it easier to draw the things that are floating around in my head. The images I "see" because of something I've read. So hopefully I'll have my sketchbook full by mid July. *fingers crossed*