Lately I've been having great success with keeping myself inspired. I've been working hard to create and finish a portfolio for the school I want to transfer too.
- Carry a Journal- I actually carry two journals. One to write in and one to draw in. Both are small enough that I have no excuse but to carry them everyday. In any kind of bag.
- Music Equals Life- Its amazing how music can change or add to whatever your feeling. Unfortunately I'm not the greatest when it comes to making play list, it's a science that I haven't mastered. That's why Pandora was created for us sub-level creatures with no taste for musical arrangement!
- Refresh Your Workspace- Since deciding that I don't want to study photography in school I've been playing with different ways of creating. Drawing is clean enough, but painting and making collages can become messy. I can't get work down if my workspace is messy. A clean space is a creative space!
- Figure Out What gets You Excited- Once I made the decision about what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life. And once I decided that I could careless with what people thought about my decision. All the mental blocks I had just magically disappeared. Creating became easier and fun instead of a tiring chore. Work became the chore. I used to love going to work, and who doesn't love making money? But know I can't what until my work day is over so I can start doing what I really love!
- Change the Way You Think and See- My most favorite thing to do these days is find blogs online that are making the sort of art I hope to create one day. I can spend hours doing this, there's so many great art blogs out there. Instead of staring at my computer screen with envy I use what I find to challenge myself to create differently. Doing this helps me see that I'm really not behind anyone. I'm different, and that's great. There could never be another(insert favorite artist here) so why try to imitate anyone else?
So there you have it. These are the things I'm doing currently. What things are you all doing to stay inspired?
Inspired by this post.
A la prochaine!