Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Books I must own...soon!

If I wasn't capable of reading a book a day I would be confident that that tiny list of seven books would last me through out the whole summer. As it is I've already finish two books, (in two days), and I'm going to start reading Black Girl in Paris tomorrow.

I was thinking about books I've read in the past and loved, but can't remember now. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou was one of those books. I read it in HS, and can remember nothing about it expect that I liked it. Last semester I read an essay from Sherman Alexie and fell in love with this author. Now I must have The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. When I was in JHS I read four books by Mildred D. Taylor They were wonderful but I forgot the names as soon as I finish them. I came across one of them at the $1 table at strand a while back and now I must own all four stories.
  1. Song of the Trees
  2. Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry (I own this one)
  3. Let the Circle Be Unbroken
  4. The Road to Memphis

Hopefully I'll be able to get these books soon. If I don't though there's a summary to The Road to Memphis on Wikipedia. =/

Until next time.

No comments: