Thursday, September 6, 2012

L'atelier de la Petite Dame(The Little Lady Workshop)


At the beginning of the summer I started playing with the idea of starting a jewelry business. It soon became clear to me that this was something that I really wanted to do. I started working on creating different designs and set a date for when I would launch the website.

The main goal I had in seeing my dream come to fruition was getting the website up. But unlike my previous projects I didn't do any press related stuff. I felt like if I just got the website up success would just come. I was wrong. Unfortunately I had to take the website down after only one month. I have the tendency to start a project and boast about it, then not finish what I started. I think apart of my not doing any press/marketing stuff was that if I didn't succeed I didn't want anyone to know.

What's very important for me to say here is that I don't consider this a failure. Its a lesson that I had to learn, and I'm glad I learned it early on. Really I had no clue what I should have been doing(beside the stuff that I could have, but wasn't doing...) I had no idea how much of my time and money had to go into this for it to truly be successful. Success in this instances to me means having this business sustain itself and one day help me in quiting one of my many jobs(lol)!

I'm much more  aware now! For more daily updates about L'atelier head on over to the Facebook page.

No comments: