Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Mental Check-In

(Photo Taken 6/2010 in Brooklyn, NY)

So its been maybe a week since I decided that I wasn't going to do project 365 this year. I stand by that decision still. It won't have felt right doing the project any other way then I had originally planned. What's bugging me now is that all the things I said I was going to do instead I haven't been doing. I've "reinvented" this blog over a couple of times.

Recently I decided on a topic that I wanted to stick with. Art, duh, ofcourse. I wanted to start interviewing all kinds of artists(I'm doing it!) I wanted to start doing photography again for myself(most importantly!), and I wanted to start going to see more art. I love opening receptions at galleries! I love going to museums, and I hardly ever do these things.

I haven't been taking photographs as much as I would like too. My bag is stuffed with to many textbooks these days. When I do take out my camera, though,its to take an image(s) that I've thought long and about. I'm happy with the direction that I'm going in. I haven't been going to opening/museums because at the end of the day I'm exhausted.

I think the reason I don't always accomplish the goals I set for myself is because I set unrealistic goals. Yes I want to go run around NYC marveling at everything, but I don't have the time! I'm a working full-time college student who WILL be graduating at the end of the summer!

So here are my new goals for this blog:
  • At the beginning of every month I'll post an Artist Talk.
  • Once a month I'll go to an opening reception or museum and marvel at everything!
  • Twice the month I'll go exploring with my camera. I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do this yet. Should I go exploring in the city(randomly) or find free events to go to? Like live music shows.
I'm keep my list short for now. If I can manage doing these things then I'll add more. That's what being responsible is all about. Right?

A la prochaine!