Monday, October 3, 2011

Artist Talk: Nakeya B.

Who?
Nakeya Brown

Where are your from?
Small town in Pennsylvania

What do you call yourself (writer, rapper, photographer, etc)?
Photographer

How do you create (your inspiration)?
I am big off of creating from feelings. I have moments where I am just searching for inspiration. I find traveling really inspires me, seeing other people's work and experimenting with new equipment keeps me producing new work.

Why do you do it?
After awhile you do something so much and it becomes a part of your life. It's hard to imagine myself giving up photography. It's a part of me.

Are you currently working on anything?
Currently I am working on a project focusing on plantation fields on River Road in New Orleans. There will be on display in December. As always I am working on capturing portraits of wonderful people. You can see those images at www.sheshootshere.com.

Advice you would give a young Artist?
Always invest time in getting to know your craft. Get to know who the greats where in your field that were doing it before you, they weren't great for no reason. And as usual, be sure to make your craft for yourself first, and everyone else later.

No comments: