Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Ignoring those pessimistic voices. Mine and others.

Today's post is dedicated to self doubt, pride and pessimism.
So as you guys may know starting January 1st I'm going to be doing Project 365. In the middle of last week I made the decision to make a book and do this project. That's big, and I'm very proud of my self! I've been trying to figure out how I wanted to approach the project. Digital or film photographs. I'm crazy about film photography, more specifically instant photography. I was devastated when Polaroid stopped making film, but very excited about Fuji's new instant film cameras.
I decided that I want to do the whole project using this camera. It would be great! It would help me become a better photographer. It would help me with the tiny problem I have with creating something every day. The only problem I have is funding this project. I HATE asking for anything! I'm a prideful creature, and along with that pride is the tiny pessimistic voice that I carry around with me. My main problem is that I can talk myself out of anything! I also come from a family of pessimistic individuals. I say that pessimism is our religious view, they don't like that.... I started doing some research in hopes of finding some inspiration, and some way of funding my project with out feeling like I'm begging.
I found this web site called Kickstarter, where you can ask people to help you fund creative projects. Score!! I found out about it when my friend sent me a link to her project. View it here. I've been working on writing my project out. I'm very good when it comes to talking about something, but have a hard time getting it on paper. Send some positivity my way and I promise to continue battling my pessimistic ways.

A la prochaine!

No comments: