Friday, December 31, 2010

Project 365: Launch Day!

Tomorrow is the beginning of my year long photography project, Project 356. You have no idea how excited I am! It's not just the project that has me so happy and proud of myself. This isn't the first time I've wanted to do a photography project. This is the first time that I've taken the necessary steps to starting and completing a photography project though. And I have been taken some huge steps! I decided I was going to do this project using instant film(view sample images above) the day after I decided I was going to do Project 365. Tonight I'm going to launch my project on Kickstarter to help me get the funds I need for this project. I won't be putting all of the images on the Internet. I'm thinking I will post an image from this project about once a week or month. Depending on how busy I get once I start school again. All the same the regular content of this blog will continue as normal.
Now lets talk about Kickstarter. I first heard about Kickstarter after Kasalina Nabakooza emailed me asking me to help fund her project. I meet her at a Black Girl Project premiere back in August which she later interviewed me for her website. I really must send a huge thank you her way!! I'm asking for $1000, that will go towards covering the cost of film and creating my book at the end of the year! I hope you guys can feel how inspired and determined I feel and will help me by backing my project in whatever way you can. If you can only give a dolor then that's totally fine!! If you can only help by spreading the word then that too is fine and very helpful. Happy New Year All! I'll see you there!!
A la prochaine!

No comments: