Monday, December 6, 2010

I love food, just ask anyone!!

(photo from Moptop Maven)

I like to call my self a "Big Girl...on the inside!" Haha I can pack quite a bit of food in this 99 lb frame. I usually just cook very simple dishes of assorted veggies, Basmati brown rice, and beans. Have I mentioned I'm a Vegetarian? When I cook it's mostly to get full.
This past Thanksgiving my Aunt, a devoted meatie, made the best lasagna I've ever had. It was made with nothing but soy meats! It wasn't until I was was eating the last of it that I realized that I had never had anything but frozen lasagna. My diet is very....bland. I don't want to change it, I was raised a Vegetarian, and chose to stay that way. I just want to add some fun to my diet. And it would be fun to trick my meatie friends with a nice big plate of veggie lasagna and have them think there's meat in it!
Anyway I saw this post on Moptop Maven with this yummy picture of a pot pie, that made me realize that I've never had a pot pie that wasn't frozen. The recipe seems simple enough, I'm kind of slow in the kitchen, so maybe I'll give this a try. Not before I master my Aunts lasagna though!!
A la prochaine!

No comments: