Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Project 365

I have this bad habit, I have a hard time starting/finishing new projects. I get discouraged. I set unrealistic goals for myself. I lie to myself. I say I can't do it. I say no one will be interested. I say I need more training. But really all I need is more balls. I need a little more moxie.

I've been trying to figure out a photo project to start while I'm not in school for winter break. I've been throwing around these big ideas that I just won't have time to fully commit myself too. I have heard about project 365 many times, but I guess I thought it was too simple for me to do (because I'm so great, Ha). Anyway, why would I won't to do something everyone else has done? Example one of how I lie to myself.

Well today I decided that:
  1. I want to write a book.
  2. I want to make a book filled with my photographs, if for nothing else then to put on my bookshelf.
I decided to take a chance with Project 365. I Googled it and found this article on photojojo. Before I read the article I figured that if I wanted to I could change the project around so that it was more complicated, and would there for be better. Example 2 of me lying to myself and creating unrealistic goals. After I read the article I realized that the project will be hard enough and would be great because at the end of the year I would be able to create my photo book!

I'm going to start this project on January 1, 2011. I'm not going to post every photo I take on the internet because I may wind up selling the book. Anythings possible right! Wish me luck!

A la prochaine(until next time, it's French!!) ;-)

No comments: